April's Monthly Specialty Class
••• We will update dates/descriptions monthly •••
Offered the 2nd Thursday of the month at 6-7pm. This is a monthly special event in place of April's regular flow class.
Balancing Lunar Flow and Guided Moon Meditation
April will guide you in a gentle, yet powerful yoga flow sequence. Using the moon cycle as a guide explore the contrast between "being" and "doing" in yoga poses. Props and blankets will be used to find ease and comfort in this practice; along with using your own body and yoga blocks to feel strong and engaged. Learn techniques to create more balance in your breathing and finish with a moon centered meditation.
Slow Flow and Yoga Nidra Meditation
Welcome in the upcoming Spring season with this specialty class. Do budding plants, chirping birds and warming temps get you excited? Join April for a slow, deliberate flow to unlock tightness and awaken energy all while releasing the tension of daily life. Included in this class is a Yoga Nidra practice. Let April help guide you to the place where awareness meets deep rest.
Candlelight Restorative Yoga and Loving Kindness Meditation
February 10th , 6-7pm
Class Description: Take time to "down shift" in this calming, nurturing yoga class where deep relaxation and release will be the focus. Restorative yoga can help shift your routine from always on-the-go, to slowing down and becoming mindful. This yoga practice can benefit your nervous system and help connect you with you rest, digest, restore response. In our meditation we will explore love, compassion and kindness to ourselves and others to foster healing and connection.
No experience necessary. You are welcome to bring your own props (bolster, blanket, 2 yoga blocks) or we have all these items available to borrow. Class size is limited so sign-up before this class fills.
- Yin Yoga
- Class Description: Slowing down, pausing, reflecting, sitting with what is, all can be beneficial to our mental, physical, and emotional health. January’s specialty class focuses on Yin yoga. Qualities to describe yin include: calm, downward, earth, still, hidden, dark, and cool. Let April guide you through this slow practice with longer holds, lots of support using props, and ending with a meditation to help with the winter blahs. No experience necessary. You are welcome to bring your own props (bolster, blanket, 2 yoga blocks) or we have all these items available to borrow.
- 4 Directions Flow and Meditation
- Class Description: Nourish your body and reconnect with yourself in this slow, soothing flow. The 4 Directions (North, East, South, and West) represent the stages of life, the changing seasons and so much more! Experience a meditation that honors the 4 Directions and embrace where you are in life. This meditation will also give you practical tools to navigate in a constantly changing world. All experience levels welcome.
- Calming Candlelight Flow and Yoga Nidra
- Class Description- Does your body and mind need a break from stresses big and small? A special offering, April will lead participants into a yoga sequence that will sooth the mind and prepare the body for deep rest. Yoga Nidra is a technique and a state of consciousness that promotes relaxation.
- Gentle enough for beginners. Friends and family welcome. Two comfy blankets and two fluffy pillows recommended. Come ready to unwind from daily stress and treat yourself to deep relaxation and peace. Limited space, sign up now to reserve your peace of mind.